Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nice people and people who appears and disappear

India have always have a way to amaze me and disappoint me.
It have also left something which cannot be discribed in my heart.

Something which all the dirt noise and heat cannot discribe. The pure friendiness of a stranger . The rudeness of one person to another.

I have chosen to take the good memories with me which brings me to thid one incident on the bus in calcutta in bbd barg where I was trying to find where is the housie office and I randomly asked this one gentlement and the moment I ask he jumped into action as though he was anticipating for me to ask.

He brought me down the bus showed me and orientated me and I was catch by surprise by his friendiness. He also threw in a little history lesson that the new democratic gov have just been sworn in and calcutta used to under a ciommunist gov for the last 20 odd years.

He gave me his name card and ask me to call him and showed me his office also pointing to all the historical sites like the synagou built by the persians 400 years ago.

He was a really unexpectedly friendly chap and after all that he greeted me goodbye and went to work

Walking through calcutta you cannot avoid all the reminents of the communist gov. Stalin marx and all the communist crest are sprayed and displayed all around town.

There even is a musuem for it.

Calcutta is really the havanna of cuba.

Old buildings that were kept in its original condition. If it were capitalist the builds will surely be dismantled and rebuilt .

Calcutta cannot be said is in need of a fresh new paint and gov and the people are showing that they are ready for it and priming to go prime time.

In calcutta , the main draw is the victoria memorial ala american capitol and taj mahal mixxed for this concoction of a grand palace for the beautiful young queen victoria built in the southern side of the city ala central park in new york. With lady liberty I assume on the top of the vm really a magnificent masterpiece

Calcutta have also indias oldest metro which one american I met in the city who told me that the tunnel was built by human manual digging. Which of cause is an over exazz. But the metro which has only 1 line sure looks old and you have to hear it . It is non air conditioned at least for the trians. Niceeee

Also in the station I was greeted by a really friendly policeman and at that time I was carrying my backpacking bag I looked ready to move and was stopped and was greeted by his stare first as though I was a criminal and then he smiled and wished me the best in my travels.

There is a touch of innocence in calcuttas police but they looked really serious in their job and at every junction they are all ready to jump into action.

I have never look at police who looked so fresh in their white uniforms

Calcutta have also been the home of famous nataji who together with gandhi moved the independence of india. Gurus like chandragupta who was the gurus of many leaders of india. Also not forgetting mother teresa of calcutta who is one of the most famous figure of unconditional love and affection ever shown by a human being.

Her stories have touched many and her missionary have always been the ease and care of the terminally ill and sick so they may pass on with dignity. I am proud to say I have been ans made that prigrimage to her grave in the very simple house where she stayed.

The vibrations cannot be less felt and the missionary have always served the people well

However many controvercies have been said about the missionary where it had alledged that it had taken donations from dictators and such and also for teresa pious stand on not using contraceptive. Not a very good practice for a state that have got one of the highest aids and hepititis rate ever. Also for a city being famous for the wrong reasons are not one thing the calcuttans want to be remembered for anyway. Bearing in mind that indias nobel peace price winners have all worked in calcutta at one time or another

However we cannot deny teresas story of compassion which have touched the world over and over again. Her legacy and work will surely go on as humanities greatness human story.

Haha im writing this while im in bodhgaya and sometimes this inspiration to write really comes only after the collective thoughts of a few days.

Will be heading to patna this friday morning and really hope to see the famous patna musuem and also use it as a base hopefully to vashali and kerisaya.

Till then the nexxt post god bless

No comments:

Post a Comment